Monday, November 14, 2011

Being A Commercial Electrician

I was on a Greyhound bus coming back to Virginia from Delaware where I was at the time (13 hour rides on those things suck), and I was broke and depressed and ran into to this woman who told me about working for the national electricians union. Well with me being broke and needing something to do I went down to my local IBEW (or international brotherhood of electrical workers) union and put in my application. Well about a month later they called me to do a residential job at a power company where I learned how to bend conduit, hang conduit, pull wire through it, connect it to a control room, and give it power from a G1 and G2 transformer control. I may only be 18 but I can honestly say I have a fairly built up resume and I would highly recommend to anyone to get a few trades under their belt when their in the work world, it will never hurt you :)
your friend,
Jesse

No comments:

 
;