Sunday, November 13, 2011

How To Fix Serpentine Belt Squeals

I own a 2003 Ford Taurus V6 with the Vulcan Engine and I had an issue with my serpentine belt squealing. After replacing the alternator I noticed that my power steering pump shaft was a little worn causing the pulley to wiggle around thus the cause of the squeal! But with me going away to school and recently being laid off of course I don't have the money to fix this issue so I decided to try out a few lubricating methods....first off, WD-40/ PB penetrating spray will fix it for about ten minutes but comes back worse (I know that WD-40 will break down the belt but hey it was just a quick fix). But the real secret to getting rid of a squeal or a chirp is silicone spray. It will fix the problem for a while at least until you can get the money to fix the real problem, just remember not to spray way too much just enough for the belt to soak up the silicone.
your friend,
Jesse

No comments:

 
;